Education- Doctor of Philosophy, Politics and International Relations (political theory), Nuffield College, Oxford University (leave to supplicate 2011; graduation 2012)
Thesis title: Linguistic Justice and Philosophical Empowerment: Two Justifications for a Plurilingual Theory of Democracy. Supervisors: Michael Freeden, David Miller.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and General Linguistics (Summa cum Laude), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2004)
Fellowships- Visiting Fellow, Centre de recherche en éthique (CRÉ), Université de Montréal (2022)
- Senior Fellow, The Maimonides Centre for Advanced Studies, Universität Hamburg (2021-2022)
- Visiting Fellow, Residence in Linguistic Rights II, the Faber Arts, Sciences and Humanities Residency of Catalonia in Olot (2021)
- Visiting Fellow, Residence in Linguistic Rights I, the Faber Arts, Sciences and Humanities Residency of Catalonia in Olot (2020)
- Visiting Fellow, Complexity in Science, Culture and Society project, Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften (Institute for Advanced Studies), Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main (2019)
- Visiting Fellow, Research in Political Philosophy Leuven (RIPPLE), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2017)
- Research Fellow (Banting Fellowship), Centre for Research on Ethics (CREUM), Université de Montréal (2012-2014)
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Education and Professional Studies, King’s College London (2013)
- Research Fellow, The Centre for Research on Ethics (CREUM), Université de Montréal (2011-12)
- Visiting Fellow, The Hoover Chair in Economic and Social Ethics, Université catholique de Louvain (2011)
- Visiting Fellow, The Van Leer Jerusalem Institute (2010)
- Research Fellow, The Gilo Centre for Democracy and Civic Education, Hebrew University (2005-6)
Research Groups- Core Member, the Linguistic Justice Society, KU Leuven.
- Core Member, the Language Management Interdisciplinary Research Group (LMIRG/GRIGL), University of Ottawa
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Groupe de recherche interuniversitaire en philosophie politique de Montréal (GRIPP), McGill, UdeM, UQaM and Concordia (2011-2014).
Grants- Global Engagement Research Initiation: "The Ethics of Language Policy and Planning: A New Normative Approach to Contemporary Global Challenges”, Queen Mary University of London, (2020, with Leigh Oakes)
- Awards to Scholarly Publications Program (ASPP), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC): "Language Ethics", (2019, with Daniel Weinstock)
- Insight Development Grant, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC): "How States Promote Global English: Shifting Priorities in Education Policy" (2016, PIs Peter Ives, Jeff Bale and Eve Haque)
- Research Support Program, Secrétariat aux affaires intergouvernementales canadiennes (SAIC): "Justice linguistique et politique publique au Canada" (2013, with Leigh Oakes)
- Aid to Research Workshops and Conferences, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC): "Language Ethics as a Field of Inquiry" (2011, with Daniel Weinstock)
Reviewing/Refereeing- Journals: Journal of Political Philosophy; Journal of Politics; European Journal of Political Theory; Philosophical Quarterly; Ethical Theory and Moral Practice; Critical Review of International and Political Philosophy; Moral Philosophy and Politics; Politics, Philosophy and Economics; Journal of Social Philosophy; Nations and Nationalism; Ethnicities; Journal of Language and Politics; Language Policy; Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development; Language and Communication; Journal of Applied Communication Research.
- Monographs and collections: Cambridge University Press (linguistics); Wiley (politics and linguistics); Springer (linguistics).